How do solar panels work – Solar Panel Funcionality, Specifications, Tests
Remember – If you are worried about your heating bills DO NOT SWITCH OFF or drastically cut down! ASK YOUR SUPPLIER FOR HELP!
- 18-21°C is the ideal temperature for the living room
- Close curtains at dusk to keep the heat in
- Turn off lights and appliances when not in use
- Ensure thermostats and controllers are correctly set
- Use low energy light bulbs – they last up to 10 times as long and use a quarter of the electricity
- Ensure your hot water cylinder is insulated
- Showers use much less energy than taking a bath
- Don’t overfill the kettle – jug kettles are ideal
- Ask about the “energy rating” when buying new appliances
With the deregulation of the gas and electricity companies it has become difficult to know how to choose which company provides the best service for you. Energy companies can show you how to choose the company that suits you best. They can also give you information on electricity from clean, renewable sources, which don’t lead to pollution normally associated with other power stations.
Contemporary Radiators from trade radiators.
There are many ways that you can generate your own energy at home from renewable and replaceable sources such as wind, sun and crops. Solar PV, solar water heating and small-scale wind or biomass heating is all available. Installation costs and the amount of energy produced vary. The DTI has a Low carbon building programme which provides grants for micro generation technologies for householders, community organisations, schools, the public sector and businesses. The programme will run for three years, starting from 1 April 2012 and replace the Clear Skies initiative.
2 – PITCHED ROOF:
A traditional roof with an angel between 15° – 75°.
For PV systems there are again two types of constructions:
a. Watertight and
b. Above a watertight layer.
In this type of constgructions it is possible to combine watertightness with good ventilation.